SAN FRANCISCO, June 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The global human milk oligosaccharides (HMO) market size is expected to reach USD 71.2 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The HMO market is projected to witness a strong CAGR of 21.9% during the forecast period. Growing consumer awareness regarding infant health is expected to be the key factor driving the market. Moreover, heavy investments by prominent companies in emerging economies are anticipated to fuel the industry growth. The global infant formula market was valued at over USD 45.0 billion in 2016, with Asia being the dominant region.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, the infant formula segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 22.0% over the forecast period
- North America accounted for a share of over 80% in 2017, in terms of revenue on account of early adoption of the product and presence of numerous infant formula companies in the region
- Business expansion and product launch are the major strategies undertaken by major companies in the global HMO market.
- For instance, in November 2016, Inbiose NV partnered with DuPont Nutrition & Health and launched a new infant nutrition ingredient, based on complex carbohydrates found in human milk.
Read 91 page research report with TOC on “Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Food Supplements, Functional Food & Beverages, Infant Formula), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/human-milk-oligosaccharides-market
Increasing number of middle-class households and number of working women are among the key reasons behind the growth of the infant formula market. Presence of numerous companies and resultant competition in this sector is likely to facilitate the usage of HMO in infant formula over the forecast period, boosting the market growth. High demand for dietary supplements owing to increased health consciousness is also expected to augment the market growth over the forecast period. HMOs in dietary supplements provide benefits, such as enhanced immune system and digestive comfort.
For example, DuPont Nutrition & Health’s CARE4U is used as a dietary supplement ingredient. The market witnessing intense competition due to the increasing number of market entrants. For instance, in June 2018, BASF announced that it will launch its HMO ingredient 2’FL by early 2019. Similarly, in June 2018, Abbott introduced its new infant formula product, Similac Eye-Q Plus with HMO, in Vietnam.
Grand View Research has segmented the global human milk oligosaccharides (HMO) market on the basis of application and region:
- HMO Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Infant Formula
- Functional Food & Beverages
- Food Supplements
- HMO Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Weight Loss And Diet Management Products & Services Market – Rising obesity and increasing weight has always been the primary concern regarding the health and fitness of people which has triggered the growth of the industry where people are becoming more health conscious and continuously striving towards fitness and better healthcare.
- Protein Hydrolysate Market – The global protein hydrolysate market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period on account of the growing demand for plant-based and animal-based protein hydrolysates in the sports industry.
- Babassu Oil Market – Babassu oil market is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to its application as a non- drying oil in foods, cleaners and skin products.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.